Assistant Management Accountant
Greater Manchester, England
£21892 - £24157 per annum
0113 243 9775
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract on behalf of an established Public Sector client, based within Greater Manchester, for an Assistant Management Accountant. The reason for the vacancy is that the organisation is currently going through a period of change and cannot be seen at this stage, to recruit on a permanent basis.
The post holder will support the Senior Management Accountant and Management Accountant in the preparation of monthly financial reports to the Governing Body and external stakeholders and support monitoring and development of service contracts with providers in their dedicated portfolio. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring the timely processing of invoices and ensuring recharges to other organisations are issued as required.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant:
- Assist in the production of relevant and timely monthly financial reports ensuring accruals and prepayments are calculated and input to the finance ledger to meet strict reporting deadlines
- Support the Senior Management Accountant and Management Accountant in producing the forecast outturn values for budgets within portfolio
- Assist in the development of annual budget plans within the portfolio adjusting for non-recurrent and recurrent changes in year
- Maintain robust working papers in support of the monthly financial reports and annual accounts
- Assist with queries arising from the annual accounts audit and liaise with external auditors as required
- Support the Senior Management Accountant and Management Accountant on areas such as service development, performance management, business planning, service reviews and key performance indicators
- Assist in the maintenance of systems and processes within finance to ensure accurate, robust and transparent management information supporting external reporting requirements
- Analyse a range of complex transactional data ensuring relevant accruals and prepayment adjustments are calculated and included within the financial reports in accordance with reporting timescales
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases to support the production of timely and relevant financial reports
- Provide support to the Senior Management Accountant and Management Accountant to develop robust assumptions underpinning the financial forecasts
- Work with budget holders, responding to queries in a timely manner to aid decision making
Required skills and experience of the Assistant Management Accountant
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Courteous and professional in approach to all areas of work
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to deal confidently with finance and non-finance officers
- Good analytical skills and an ability to evaluate and monitor progress against monthly targets
- Problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing demands
- Intermediate Level 4 AAT or equivalent experience, working at a similar level in specialist are
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
Excellent level of numeracy and analytical skills
- Relevant experience of working in a finance department
- Well-developed knowledge / Use of ORACLE ledger
This is a fantastic long term opportunity to work within an extremely committed, loyal and professional team.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Assistant Management Accountant role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website