Sellick Partnership have been tasked to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant for an NHS client in South Manchester. The role is temporary and initially for a 3 month basis, although likely to be extended beyond this. The Assistant Management Accountant position is to help over the month end and year end periods.
The key duties of the position:
- Assisting with the completion of the monthly reporting cycle ensuring an accurate reported position
- Maintain provision, accruals and prepayments registers and processing transactions as appropriate.
- Providing reports and trend analysis
- Key controls and reconciliations to ensure accurate closedown of the ledger.
- Production of revenue budget performance information, in accordance with guidelines and agreed deadlines.
- Producing and maintaining regular financial adjustment registers, and actioning those as appropriate in the general ledger.
- Reconciliation of budget totals
- Assist in the identification and costing of financial pressures
- Preparation of bids for additional funding from external sources
- Aiding the production of the statutory annual accounts, providing information for External Audit as required.
The ideal candidate will have prior NHS experience and is experienced and knowledgeable with the month end procedures. An AAT qualification (or if the candidate is studying) would be beneficial. The role is to start as soon as possible to it is essential individuals are available at short notice.