Up to £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Assistant Tax Manager
Sellick Partnership recruiting for an Assistant Manager - Expat Tax to cover a specific region. You will be supporting the Expat Tax Manager in delivery of their regional responsibilities in the Employment Tax team.
This support will include the research and provision of tax advice to the business as well as our internal stakeholders
The role will be responsible for management of queries raised by the international employee population, escalating as required. The Assistant Manager - Expat Tax will be the primary point of contact for our employees.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are met; both in terms of primary and secondary payrolls and home and host tax returns. This will require close working with professional advisers and internal Payroll teams as well as data gathering and analysis. Regular interaction with the Expat Tax Manager in terms of escalation and progress updates.
Day to day duties will include:
- Builds rapport with advisors, assignees and business operations and assists with their queries
- Providing support where required in respect of compensation collection activities throughout their region; working closely with the Assistant Manager for Expat Tax Compliance
- Providing assistance where required with processes or information gathering activities associated with Billing and Fees for Expatriate taxes globally using external provider systems as well as internal financial systems
- Ad hoc projects as required by the Director of Employment Taxes or the Tax Managers for Expat Taxes
- Maintains consistency across the Group in application of expat tax related policies and procedures
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- The relevant person will have previous work experience in the field of expat taxes either from an in-house Tax Team or from a Tax Advisory Firm
- It would be desirable if the successful applicant had skills in European languages, especially Italian
- The role holder will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a high volume work environment and will be able to prioritise their time and activities
- They will work with cross border teams and individuals at all levels within Wood and must be confident communicating complex information in a clear way
- They must be comfortable taking direction from the relevant Expat Tax Manager, their line manager
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.