County Durham, England
£25000 - £35000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working in partnership with a number of well established independent Accountancy Practices, who have opportunities within Durham, Darlington and Newcastle, for qualified Audit and Accounts professionals.
The role of the Accounts and Audit Senior will become a subject matter specialist, to develop best practice and play a key role in assisting in the delivery of a high quality service to clients. You will be given the opportunity to undertake technical training which has been recognised by all major professional institutes.
Whilst an office based position, you will be given the responsibility for client engagement and completing tasks associated with the audit of statutory accounts. You will have responsibility for completing work and reviewing work performed by other members of the team.
As a Accounts and Audit Team Leader within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for
- Completion of UK GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts
- Agreement of information included within the accounts to supporting documentation provided by audit engagement teams
- Audit of holdings companies and small trading companies
- Undertaking other audit tasks to assist audit teams.
- Accounts preparation
- Review of tasks undertaken by other team members
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Experience required for the Audit and Accounts Executive position:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) however those with significant relevant experience will be considered
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK accounting frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP
- An ability to lead, develop and mentor a team
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hardworking and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to problem solve and think logically
If you are interested in he position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website