Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working in partnership with a market leading professional services organisation based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, in the recruitment of an Accounts and Audit Team Leader position. As part of their distinctive Audit service, our clients newly created "centre of excellence" supports client engagement teams throughout the UK.
The role of the Accounts and Audit Team Leader will become a subject matter specialist, to develop best practice and play a key role in assisting in the delivery of a high quality service to clients. You will be given the opportunity to undertake technical training which has been recognised by all major professional institutes.
Whilst an office based position, you will also be given the opportunity to support the nationwide client engagement teams in completing tasks associated with the audit of statutory accounts. You will have responsibility for completing work and reviewing work performed by other members of the team.
As a Accounts and Audit Team Leader within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for
- Managing a team
- Completion of UK GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts
- Agreement of information included within the accounts to supporting documentation provided by audit engagement teams
- Audit of holdings companies and small trading companies
- Undertaking other audit tasks to assist audit teams.
- Accounts preparation
- Review of tasks undertaken by other team members
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Experience required for the Audit and Accounts Executive position:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) however those with significant relevant experience will be considered
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK accounting frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP
- An ability to lead, develop and mentor a team
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hardworking and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to problem solve and think logically
From process automation to reframing the team structure, the organisation is on a constant drive for positive transformation - for clients and employees. You will be free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating and will not be limited by sector experience either.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website