Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
0161 834 1642
Location: Manchester (hybrid working)
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Audit Manager position for an established top 15 practice firm based in Manchester. The firm is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise.
They pride themselves on looking after their people, whether you're working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you're a marketing or HR specialist. They understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that's why their people-focused culture means they value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to their clients and communities.
Operating out of their prestigious offices in Manchester city centre they are looking for a motivated individual to strengthen their audit team. With an exciting pipeline of new business it has paved the way for rapid growth. Working with a diverse client base, you will play a crucial role in the objectives of the team with strong opportunities for progression.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork and completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Acts as client relationship manager on a portfolio of clients and builds effective relationships with key contacts at clients.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review partners / directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
The successful applicant will be a qualified ACA, ACCA or ICAS Auditor / Accountant from another top 20 firm or mid tier Accountancy firm, with experience of carrying out audits on behalf of Corporate clients.
You will have strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards and be able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner. In addition, experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional client facing skills and it would be desirable if you have experience of training and developing junior members of staff. In addition to an enviable salary package, this firm offers great exposure to a wide range of clients as well as great career progression opportunities.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.