Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£37000 - £44000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you looking for a highly rewarding and technically challenging position which would give you autonomy and a great work life balance? Sellick Partnership have been engaged by a market leading professional services organisation based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, to recruit an Audit Manager in to their growing team. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to contribute to and maintain the delivery of the outstanding level of service provided to clients.
With multiple positions on offer you will have the choice of working in an office based position with very little travel involved, or the ability to travel between sites across the UK, work remotely or from home and meet with clients to deliver an efficient, reliable service which suits you.
As an Audit Manager you will be an experienced and qualified accountant who will manage external audits and independent risk reviews as part of the trust team of Audit Managers. You will support the client engagement teams across the UK and have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients across multiple sectors, or if preferred, be specialist in one area.
The Audit and Assurance teams play a pivotal part in the firm's success, and this position will offer variety, breadth and complexity as well as great career prospects in an award winning, agile working culture.
The Audit Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing key audit relationships across our international corporate business client base
- Leading Audit teams through the use of the Audit Delivery Centres
- Testing and discussing controls and procedures with clients and report evidence
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider Audit practice, supporting them in delivering a 'Distinctive' client experience by collating insights and considering their communication throughout the wider firm
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Required experience of the Audit Manager:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) along with a thorough knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Previous accounting and auditing experience at Manager level
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Standards on Auditing and a sound understanding of risk management
- An ability to constructively challenge and demonstrate discretion
- Initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- An eye for detail, effective interpersonal skills and a healthy professional scepticism
A background within a professional services is preferred however a suitable candidate may also have trained in practice and now be working in industry.
Our client offers a wealth of training and development opportunities available and are dedicated in ensuring your technical and soft skills keep you ahead of the game.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website