£32000 - £35000 per annum + 23 days holiday, pension, progression
Sellick Partnership have been tasked to recruit for an External Audit Senior for a Top 10 Firm following on from major growth and success with a number of new and existing Public Sector Clients. This role is vital to the Organisation's future plans, and will play a key part in both their immediate and continued success.
Key responsibilities of the Audit Senior:
- Supervising and delivering external audits to the highest quality, predominantly on Public Sector clients
- Performing preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation
- Drafting the budget and assigning audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members
- Reviewing work and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage, ensuring issues are highlighted and resolved before manager review
- Acting as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit
- Reviewing actual to budgeted time and informing managers of any issues immediately
- Completing financial statement testing, including completion of disclosure checklist and closedown of audit files.
- Drafting the audit opinion summary for review and drafting management letters and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers where required
- Completing financial statement testing, including completion of disclosure checklist and closure of audit files
The successful Audit Senior will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant - CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, CA or equivalent
- Hold external audit experience, delivering audit services to the Public Sector
- Demonstrate and apply advanced technical, commercial and Public Sector industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions
- Highly competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave + statutory holidays (rising with length of service)
- Ability to buy and sell additional holiday
- Between 4% - 6% pension contribution
- Discounted gym/healthcare memberships
- Continued progression and development opportunities
Please note that due to the nature of the role and where it sits within the Organisation's plans, candidates MUST have external audit experience of Public Sector clients. This role is a fantastic challenge for the successful applicant, and you will be joining the Organisation at a hugely exciting time where career progression is at the forefront.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.