Benefit Assessment Officer
£24.70 umbrella/ £19 PAYE
Immediate start available
Three month temporary contract
Sellick Partnership are supporting the recruitment of a temporary Benefit Assessment Officer to support the workload within the revenues and benefits council department.
The responsibilities of the Benefit Assessment Officer include:
- Take action to ensure that applications for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payments, Discretionary Council Tax Reduction and Local Welfare Assistance are processed and paid promptly and correctly in accordance with legislation and procedures.
- Resolve to conclusion telephone, face-to-face and written enquiries from residents of Milton Keynes, landlords, external agencies and other Council departments
- Provide advice about welfare assistance and where applicable signpost customers to other agencies for help and support
- Ensure that the Council Tax account information relating to the customer has the correct liability and if not, resolve any discrepancies that would affect the financial award
- Take or initiate action, as appropriate, to ensure that overpayments of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Payments and Discretionary Council Tax Reduction have effective recovery set or are identified as not being recoverable in line with policies & procedures and are recommended for write off
The required skills and experience of the Benefit Assessment Officer include:
- Relevant assessment experience with Housing Benefit and Council Tax rebate
- Experience of working with, understanding and meeting the needs of customers
- Proven aptitude for and experience of working with numbers / financial calculations
- Experience of using NEC Northgate Revenues & Benefits and/or Capita Academy (essential)
- Basic DBS
If you feel you are suitable for the role, please apply direct. If you would like some more information, please contact Chrissie at the Sellick Partnership Derby Office.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.