Greater Manchester, England
£19000 - £20000 per annum + Pro Rata
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a Book-Keeper role, within a charity, based in South Manchester. The main purpose of the role is to prepare, maintain and balance all accounts on behalf of the organisation. To accurately record all income and expenditure in the organisation's computerised accounts software in line with the organisational procedure and accounting practices. To deliver a good level of credit control. To prepare interim and annual accounts for the organisations management team and external auditors and to administer all aspects of payroll.
Key responsibilities of the Book-Keeper:
- To develop, maintain and operate all aspects of the organisations computerised and manual accounts systems
- Prepare and complete monthly reconciliations in respect of bank accounts and other control accounts
- To receipt and bank all income received by cheque and cash in line with the organisation's procedures
- To develop and run processes to check liability on all payments including those issued under repayable
- To prepare interim /. Annual accounts to audit level for the organisation's management committee and external auditors in the format as required by the organisation procedures and statutory / legal requirements
- Accurately record input and output VAT, to prepare partial reclaims and to prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns ensuring HMRC filing deadlines are met
- To set up new starters to include enrolments to the organisation's pension provider and health scheme provider
- To allocate payroll costs to the appropriate cost centres, in line with the organisations budget and to make adjustments as required
Required skills and experience of the Book-Keeper
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures for medium sized businesses
- Knowledge of maximising the use of ICT to improve services
- Knowledge of SAGE Payroll and SAGE accounting software
- Knowledge of VAT and associated legal requirements
- Book-keeping and skills to trial balance / audit level
- Payroll skills
- Excellent level of numeracy and accuracy skills
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Book-Keeper role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.