Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£18000 - £22000 per annum
3 months ago
A growing accountancy firm in Northumberland that has a great reputation for being a friendly and supportive place to work who provide their staff with challenging and varied roles.
You will be working in a friendly growing team, working directly with the three partners and will manage your own portfolio of clients.
From day one you can expect to work on an interesting array of clients from a wide range of industries. This will be a very well rounded role, providing the chance to get involved in a broad variety of tasks as well as helping to grow and develop the practice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Bookkeeping from manual records - data entry into accounting packages of sales/purchase invoices, receipts, and payments
- Use of SAGE, XERO and Excel, as well as other accounting packages
- Bank Reconciliations, both manual and using bank feeds
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Maintaining company ledgers to trial balance for a portfolio of clients
- CIS experience
- Supervising and training junior team members
- Liaising with other colleagues to ensure all client work is completed accurately, within budget and on time
- Ability to build close working relationships both with clients and the team
- Required skills
- To be considered for this role, you will have at least 3 years post experience working for a small to medium size UK based practice firm.
- Must have good time management, organisational skills, interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with clients therefore needing a client focused attitude
- Experience in Microsoft Office/Excel
- An ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping processes
- VAT knowledge required
- Working Knowledge of CIS required
- SAGE Experience (at least 2 years)
- Xero Experience
- Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Understand need for continuous learning and development