over 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Building Surveyor required to join a public sector organisation in Houghton-Le-Spring. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Building Surveyor to join their team on a temporary basis.
As the Building Surveyor you will be carrying out high quality surveys of the stock and providing technical advice and support on condition and investment requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Building Surveyor:
- Assist with financial planning, budget setting, and budget optimisation
- Ensure up to date information on the delivery of its investment programme covering both out-turn cost and component completions, condition and performance of its assets, and undertake regular reports on affordability and recommend improvements and corrective action as required
- Support the development of short and medium term detailed investment programmes catering for a suitable consultation process
- Work in collaboration with other sections of Asset Management to ensure the required level of recording of completions ensuring the Organisation maintains current and accurate information on its assets
- Monitor the delivery of the investment programme and produce regular reports on the delivery of these investment works and provide information as required to support leaseholders, RTB etc.
- Support delivery teams to project manage and supervise a range of internal and external contractors
- Assist with quality assurance and quality control of on-site works taking appropriate measures to resolve any issues
- Work with appropriate teams to plan and manage project asbestos strategy and surveys, utility companies liaison and managing specialist surveys e.g. ecology surveys
- Undertake regular CPD (Continuing Personal Development)
Required skills and experience of the Building Surveyor:
- Recognised professional qualification in a property related discipline MRICS or equal or considerable demonstrable experience in a Building Surveying role
- Full UK Driving License
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Building Surveyor role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.