£28 - £30 per hour
Sellick partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Building Surveyor for a public sector client
Responsibilities of the Building Surveyor will be but not limited too:
- To provide a specialist, enforcement, renewal and advisory service to fulfil statutory and other obligations to ensure properties in the private sector comply with national standards - ensuring homes are healthy, safe and warm.
- Inspecting homes in response to requests for service from persons, in particular private sector tenants, relating to residential accommodation, and either providing advice or taking necessary action to remedy the situation.
- You will have regular contact with landlords, advice organisations e.g. CAB, and other council teams and will need to be able to explain the Council's policies, procedures, and national legislation to ensure all stakeholders are aware of their rights and responsibilities with regards to improving housing standards.
Requirements of the Building Surveyor:
- A suitable qualification in housing, environmental health, building surveying or equivalent practical experience or property based qualification
- Certified competency in the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- An understanding of local authority funding and financial measures
- Valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
If you believe you are suitable for the role, please apply. To find out more, please contact Ellie Parkinson at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.