Newcastle upon Tyne
8 month contract
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sellick Partnership are working with a Newcastle based organisation who are seeking an experienced Building Surveyor to join their team ASAP.
The aim of the role will be to deliver specific areas of compliance designated as the responsibility and accountability of the Head of Compliance (fire safety, asbestos management, water safety and other ancillary related compliance areas), including the day to day management of repairs, management and servicing contracts.
Responsibilities of a Building Surveyor include:
- Manage and deliver compliance contracts to the highest possible standard and providing high quality support and advice to organisation and teams
- Undertake building surveys, building pathology and fire risk assessments for passive and active fire protection, warning installations, compliance with legislation and standards and identification of improvement opportunities in relation to safety and compliance
- Produce project design, tender and contract documentation including detailed schedules of work, specifications and drawings and deliver contract administration of contracts under the control of this post, in accordance with policies/procedures/ standing orders/regulations and all statutory legislation
- Manage project costs including; measurement and re-measurement of works, valuations, payments and certification and final accounts
- Be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement and address any concerns, providing guidance/training/ feedback to support the delivery of compliance services, building surveying and other associated surveying specialisms
- Act as a positive member of the Property Services team, collaborating with other colleagues across departments and supporting a culture that delivers results and service excellence
- Provide a range of surveying and project management services for the procurement and delivery of compliance related building alteration, refurbishment and maintenance contracts
Required skills and experience of the Building Surveyor:
- Record of demonstrable achievement in service delivery of Property Services
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations, British Standards, Approved Codes of Practice, CDM regulations, health and safety legislation, Regulatory Framework for Social Housing and standard forms of building contract
If this role is of interest to you, please contact Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.