Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
about 1 year ago
Sunderland, Tees Valley
Full-Time, Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00
6 Month contract (Possibility to go permanent for the right candidate)
An exciting new role has become available with a public sector organisation based across the Tees Valley. This well-established Housing association are recruiting for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their team on a full time basis.
As the Building Surveyor you will be based within the Building Surveying Team to provide technical advice and support across the business in relation to all aspects of building surveying and pathology.
You will be required to;
- Undertake a variety of building surveys and inspections of the businesses housing stock and assets
- You will also be responsible for the effective diagnosis of serious problems affecting the stock and the recording, monitoring and reporting of these issues
- In addition to this you will need to be able to specify, commission and manage contractors to ensure remedial works are completed on time, to an acceptable standard and within budget
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience in building surveying in either private sector or social housing who wants to be part of a small but dedicated team of building surveyors and is educated to degree level in a building related field or can demonstrate the equivalent relevant experience
- Experience working on structural issues and defects, managing and planning appropriate repairs on social properties
- The ability to recognize the needs of their customers and provide excellent customer service, as well as working with internal and external stakeholders is essential
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of building archetypes and construction methods, investigative techniques as well as building regulations and planning legislation
- Be able to work well on their own as well as part of a team, be able to use their initiative in difficult circumstances and explore new methods of working
- Membership of RICS or CIOB is desirable but not essential
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Danni Kemp at Sellick Partnership on email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.