£140 - £150 per day + onsite parking
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Business Accountant to join a well-established organisation based in Derby for a 12 month FTC.
The purpose of the Business Accountant will be to assist the Business Partnering team to provide high-level professional, financial and business information, direction and advice which delivers continuous improvement in financial performance.
Duties of the Business Accountant include:
- To establish and maintain a business ethos within the Department, challenging and negotiating with relevant budget managers to ensure delivery of a budget submission in line with affordability and a forecast submission in line with budget.
- To take a proactive role in the identification of financial & business risks and in the identification and recommendation of options to mitigate any adverse effects of income shortfalls or cost overruns
- To prepare reports on financial and business performance, detailing key results, analysis and explanations of major variances.
- To extrapolate the impact of underlying drivers and advise on future actions to ensure budget achievement.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A recognised CCAB accounting qualification
- Significant experience in a financial environment across a breadth of financial disciplines.
- Experience in the preparation of financial plans and management accounts, together with the provision of financial and business advice to management
- A good understanding of specialist financial techniques, including project investment appraisal, costing and risk analysis
- A good understanding of the key financial and business processes in an organisation.
- In depth experience of working with financial and business systems
- Proven experience of delivering high quality outputs to tight deadlines
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place mid June*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice