Business Assurance Officer
Darlington, County Durham
£32000 - £35000 per annum
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a market leading organisation based in Darlington, in the recruitment of a Business Assurance Officer to join their Corporate Business Assurance team on a 6 month contract.
As industry specialists, the organisation provides a variety of innovative services and the Business Assurance Officer will join a network of professional and knowledgeable staff who are dedicated to providing a first-class service.
The Business Assurance Officer will provide an independent assessment of the adequacy of internal controls across all systems, activities and sections of the company and its subsidiaries.
* Assisting in the preparation of the annual programme of work through agreement of key risks and associated assurance requirements with stakeholders
* Contribute to the delivery of the annual audit programme through independently executing audit projects, advising the business in providing risk mitigation solutions and tracking resolutions through to effective delivery
* Present findings of audit conclusions/opinions to a range of stakeholders
* Actively contribute to business forums to ensure risk/control issues are sufficiently considered and managed
* Researching specialist/technical topics to support business change/deliver effective assurance
* Act as liaison with external auditors
* Support the business in the promotion of risk management and fostering the risk culture
* Active contribution and independent challenge to the business to support the continual improvement of risk management
* Educated to degree standard
* Recognised professional qualification or working towards (such as ACA, ACCA, IIA)
* Experience within Internal Audit / Risk Management
* Managing stakeholders
* Pensions and investment experience desirable
The successful candidates will be joining the company on a fixed term bases for 6 months, and will have access to company benefits such as 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), flexible working and pension.
If you are interested in the position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.