Up to £46000 per annum + £competitive
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Business Support Accountant to provide finance and business consultancy service for Council services and related organisational units to enable the Council's obligations and objectives to be achieved within financial constraints.
The main duties of the Business Support Accountant will include:
- Provide a full accounting and financial consultancy service for Council services and related organisational units to enable the Council's obligations and objectives to be achieved within financial constraints including, but not limited to:
- Preparation of annual revenue & capital budgets
- Budgetary and financial control
- Preparation of forecasts
- Preparation of final accounts, including completion of government returns, input to variance reports and the statements of accounts
- Preparation of monthly trading accounts
- Production of financial appraisals, including for business cases and other reports
- Supporting Corporate Management Team and Operations Managers in financial decision making and best use of resources
- Challenging Heads of Service and Operations Managers to ensure proper financial practices are followed
- Advising on the availability of management information.
- Provide financial advice and information to Councillors, Corporate Management Team and Operations Managers, as required, including the production of financial data and the vetting of the financial content of committee reports
- To manage and support an Assistant Business Support Accountant in line with Human Resources policies and procedures, including, but not limited to:
- day-to-day supervision
- allocating tasks
- carrying out appraisals
- training and performance management
- Responsible for ensuring daily deadlines and performance targets are me
- Complete statutory financial return
- Represent the Finance & Procurement Operations Manager on working groups and multi-functional teams, as directed
- Such variations as may be required from time to time without changing the general character of the duties shown above or the level of responsibility entailed.
Our client are offering a salary of £46,000 per annum.
If you are interested in the role please apply online and a member of the team will give you a call.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.