Role: Capital Accountant
Type: Interim - 3 months minimum
Salary: £350 per day umbrella
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Capital Accountant for our Public Sector client.
Key responsibilities for the Capital Accountant;
- To compile budgets in respect of all capital expenditure and associated funding, capital asset charges and capital incomes
- To close accounts for year end, on time, including the operation of the fixed assets system.
- Ensure all assets requiring revaluation are suitably and appropriately valued in liaison with responsible officers
- Ensure that assets are reviewed for evidence of impairment and that the value of impairment is identified, in liaison with responsible officers and valuers
- Support the production of reports including the Capital Programme Budget and Capital Strategy
- Compile and submit information for Government returns
- Deliver routine and ad-hoc reports as required for management information and develop new reports as required
- Monitor capital expenditure and income in relation to statutory and accounting requirements
The Ideal candidate for the Capital Accountant will have;
- Capital accounting experience within a Local Authority
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of statutory accounting and reporting requirements
- Good understanding of general accounting principles
- The ability to interpret and advise on financial and performance data
If you believe that you are well-suited to this excellent opportunity of the Capital Accountant, please apply directly or contact Jessi Pabla at Sellick Partnership Derby Office for more information. The closing date for CVs is 11th February 2024 due to the urgent requirement of this role, interviews will be arranged as soon as possible.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.