£250 - £350 per day
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an interim Capital Accountant to join a Local Authority in the East Midlands, for an initial period of 6/9 months.
Key responsibilities of the Capital Accountant:
- Lead on the budget setting processes for the Council, particularly in relation to Capital Finance
- Coordinate and oversee the financial management of the council's capital programmes
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register
- Deliver sound and robust financial management of the council's capital programmes
- Liaise with other departments to agree the Authority's capital accounting policies
- Maintain the long-term programme view on capital budgets and funding
- Draft monthly reports concerning Capital Programme progress
The successful Capital Accountant will have:
- Extensive Local Government/Public Sector Capital/Fixed Asset experience
- Experience of working with IFRS, FReM or other statutory reporting frameworks
- Strong Excel skills (including managing large, complex data systems and the use of pivot tables)
This is an excellent opportunity for a long-term interim assignment to add value during a crucial period. This position offers excellent rates, longevity and is a welcome addition to any CV.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.