£32000 - £39000 per annum + Public Sector Pension
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Permanent Capital Accountant for a Public Sector organisation in Derbyshire.
Main accountabilities for the Capital Accountant:
- To provide a comprehensive, high quality finance service covering the specific areas of: Capital Accounting, Asset Register and Treasury Management
- To provide training for non-financial staff across the organisation in financial matters, when requested.
- To support the Finance Manager in the coordination of the closure of accounts and production of the annual statement of accounts.
- Co-ordination/completion of relevant statistical returns and grant claims.
- Responsible for financial administration and overview of external grant funding, including bids and claims in accordance with the grant manual.
- Completion of the monthly VAT return.
Person Specification for the Capital Accountant:
- Public Sector experience is desirable but not essential
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts and procedures
- Budgetary preparation and control procedures
- Capital Accounts
- Final accounts preparation and Statement of Accounts experience.
- Completion of grant claims and statistical returns.
Please apply now for consideration.Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.