2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a permanent Qualified Capital Accountant to join a Local Authority in the East Midlands.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead on the budget setting processes for the Council, particularly in relation to Capital Finance
- Coordinate and oversee the financial management of the council's capital programmes
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Manage fixed asset depreciations and calculations
- Capital closedown at year end
- Deliver sound and robust financial management of the council's capital programmes
- Liaise with other departments to agree the Authority's capital accounting policies
- Maintain the long-term programme view on capital budgets, HRA and general fund
- Draft monthly reports concerning Capital Programme progress
- Capital monitoring
- Pooling housing capital receipts
Our client is committed to driving change and are seeking a qualified candidate who can demonstrate that initiative to devlop and challenge processess.
This post will initially be based remotely although in time there may be some phased return bask into an office environment on a part time/rotational basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Qualified Capital Accountant looking for their next career opportunity. it is a stand alone role within the finance function and would a task driven accountant.