Greater Manchester, England
£40000 - £46000 per annum
2 months ago
Due to an internal promotion, Sellick Partnership have been engaged to actively recruit to a Capital Accountant role, to provide a comprehensive capital accounting service to a modern thinking housing association, based within Greater Manchester
The role :
- Responsible for accounting in relation to all aspects of property acquisitions, which has an direct impact upon capital expenditure, component replacements and property sales.
- Responsible for production of statutory notes, specifically in relation to financial reporting of housing properties, capital grants and fixed assets.
- Complete reconciliations between capital accounting, ensuing the systems remain reconciled.
- Report on disposals, ensuring that all accounting transactions are accurately recorded.
- Prepare routine journals to ensure the management accounts accurately report income and expenditure and the balance sheet records assets and liabilities for each period.
- To establish and implement internal controls to ensure working papers and financial information are accurate, and will withstand auditor scrutiny.
- You must have extensive capital accounting within a complex environment, specifically within the housing sector.
- Experience of preparing budgets forecasts and management accounts.
- Experience of manipulating large volumes of data for multiple scenarios.
This client is open to a blended working approach, which would consist of 2 days from home, and 3 days based onsite. This would suit a candidate that has the prior capital, housing experience that is looking to further their experience working within an excellent , supportive, driven team.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this opportunity then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website