South Shields, Tyne and Wear
£37000 - £43000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Capital Accountant to join the financial services department of a large public sector organisation based in South Tyneside.
The Capital Accountant will mainly be responsible for the effective planning and monitoring of the organisation's capital and major revenue investment programmes in order to ensure effective deployment of capital resources to meet company objectives. Responsibilities will also ensure the accuracy and robustness of the system for monitoring capital and its integration with other planning processes, and that capital accounting systems comply with internal and external policies, procedures and standards.
Further responsibilities of the Capital Accountant will include:
- Ensures that the Trust capital asset register is as prescribed in FPN 15, and that all capital additions are fed into the register on a quarterly basis
- Ensures the accuracy of ledger information on capital projects at all times, that additions to capital schemes are reconciled to the ledger on a monthly basis and that a full audit trail is maintained, referenced to the original invoices
- Provides a full trail for other capital transactions and ensures that all such transactions are entered accurately in the financial ledger
- Provides forecasts of capital charges for the purposes of budget setting and calculates and informs the Department of Health of the annual Public Dividend Capital interest.
- Ensures that capital charges are calculated accurately and that monthly journals for depreciation are completed in accordance with the monthly closedown timetable.
- Completes the full documentation and audit trail for fixed assets notes for the Trust's annual accounts to the deadlines required.
- Liaising with the Trust's valuers, providing them with the information required in order for them to assess the value of the Trust's estate on an annual basis and accounting for this valuation with the Trust's accounts and asset register
- Plays an active role in development of procedures for monthly reporting to maintain continual improvement.
- Assists the Head of Financial Services in the analysis and interpretation of accounting standards and guidance relevant to capital accounting, and ensures compliance
- CCAB qualified or exceptional finalist qualified with relevant experience and actively studying
- Experience of spreadsheet, database and computerised ledger applications
- Good understanding of the NHS Foundation Trust financial regime in particular capital financing
- Good analytical skills, including the interpretation of complex data for management information
- Ability to prepare work accurately, thoroughly and with minimal supervision to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex finance issues effectively to non-finance staff
- Ability to effectively supervise and delegate appropriate work to support staff Able to innovate and use own initiative, for example to identify opportunities for improving working practices in order to make the capital accounting function more efficient and effective
- Reliable and committed to delivering targets and achieving outcomes
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website