Capital & Reserving Manager
City of London, London
0151 224 1480
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Capital & Reserving Manager to join their skills with a Major General Insurer.
This role presents a rare opportunity for an ambitious and experienced candidate with experience in both Reserving and Capital Modelling with excellent analytical skills to make an instant impact within a developing Actuarial function.
Responsibilities of the Capital & Reserving Manager:
- Ownership and development of all claims Reserves and valuation reports
- Review and Improvement of Reserving Processes
- Ownership and development of models
- Lead investigations to develop Reserving and validate modelling assumptions
- Responsible for data quality in the Reserving and Capital processes
- Lead relationships with external auditors, brokers and asset managers
- Lead and develop relationship with Technical Claims Team
- Responsible for Solvency II technical provisions
- Responsible for quarterly SII standard formula Capital calculations
- Lead production of annual Solvency & Financial Condition Report
Experience of the Capital & Reserving Manager
- Qualified Actuary OR experience in a Senior Capital and Reserving role.
- Post Qualification experience OR significant General Insurance experience
- Expert knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance
- Ability to lead and drive the business forward
- Expert knowledge of Excel and proficiency in SAS, ResQ, VBA or SQL (minimum 2 software's)
Rewards and benefits:
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Strong pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 with service
- Flexible/Remote working options are also available
If you think this opportunity could be of interest, please apply below with your CV or contact Josh Spencer at email@example.com or on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.