South Yorkshire, England
£45500 - £51500 per annum
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Capital Manager to join a Public Sector organisation following on from a recent secondment within the team. This is a fantastic, long running fixed-term contract opportunity to develop, challenge and streamline the current processes, and play a crucial role within the team.
Key responsibilities of the Capital Manager:
- Support the management. monitoring and reporting of the Capital Programme to identify maximum resources for investment and delivering a balanced capital programme over the medium and short-term
- Assist and lead on certain aspects of Capital Planning and supporting with Capital Business Cases
- Support the timely and accurate completion of the Capital aspects of the Statutory Financial Statements (Annual Accounts)
- Contribute to production of the annual capital charges exercise, and long term depreciation forecasts
- Provide strategic financial and business planning advice to the team, across both capital and revenue
- Act as the lead contact point in relation to all equipment leasing issues, interfacing with Procurement colleagues and the leasing advisors as necessary
- Lead the value for money, affordability and technical accounting evaluation of investment proposals containing leases, hidden leases or right of use assets and ensure that processes are in place to accurately identify and account for such investment in such assets, working with procurement and finance leads as required
The successful Capital Manager will:
- Have previous, proven Public Sector experience (please note this is an essential requirement)
- Be a fully qualified Accountant (CCAB / CIMA)
- Have proven knowledge and excellent exposure to Capital/Fixed Assets
- Be able to start at short notice
- Long term contract - running until end of May 2022
- £45,500 - £51,500 p/annum
- 25 days annual leave + statutory holidays
- Flexible working policy (currently remote working)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a wonderful organisation during both a crucial and exciting time. The successful applicant will get the chance to work with some really experienced and knowledgeable staff whilst retaining a high level of autonomy.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in