Newcastle upon Tyne
£49242 - £59964 per annum
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are assisting one of the largest NHS Foundation Trust's in the UK based in Newcastle Upon Tyne to recruit for a Capital Projects Manager on a permanant basis but are open to interim arrangements.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a senior professional managerial service on all Building related Minor New Works Capital Works and Property issues with direct responsibility for a large professional and technical workforce.
- To contribute a senior managerial input into the capital and site development and long-term Estates strategies.
- To be service lead for the Trust's project management and property services section.
- To deputise for the Head of Strategy, Planning and Capital Development.
- To provide, coordinate, develop and manage highly specific and highly complex Building and Property specialised input into multi-agency estate strategies site development and modernisation projects.
- To manage and coordinate costs recovery for non-patient income
- To give senior managerial input/support to Trust service objectives.
- To develop the existing in-house project team; to make it more professional, capable and quality driven, thereby reducing the reliance on external consultants
Skillset and Experinece:
- Academically qualified to professional level - minimum a first degree in the field with extensive, in-depth experience
- A Master's degree or extensive experience
- Extensive, in-depth experience in a similar role at a senior management level
- Chartered Surveyor or Architect and a member of an appropriate professional institution;
- High levels of awareness relating to profiling, scheduling and delivery of complex capital programmes;
- Detailed knowledge, experience and application of project management, programme management and systems relating thereto;
- Demonstrate evidence of reporting techniques and detailed analysis of mutual relating to financial flows and spend;
- Must have detailed, highly developed specialist knowledge of all building and operational services in a large acute teaching hospital, gained through formal training and experience;
- Detailed, highly developed specialist knowledge of estate asset and property management and land and property valuation;
- Understanding of design, construction, maintenance and commissioning of engineering and building services and equipment;
- Knowledge of waste management, legionella, energy, environmental, decontamination issues and life-critical engineering services;
- Specialist knowledge of Commercial and Contract law; and
- Possess highly developed specialist building and Estates services knowledge covering a broad range of work procedures, operational requirements, knowledge and skills. Formal training, qualifications and experience at a senior level can only have gained these.
- The CPM must have specialist, highly developed knowledge across a range of technical, operational and managerial functions, be educated to degree or Masters standard with additional training and qualifications for specialised areas. The CPM must possess advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in his specialist field to ensure work procedures covering various areas are managed effectively
Please apply to receive a full copy of the job specification.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.