5 months ago
Capital Works Supervisor
We are currently assisting in the recruitment of a social housing client based in Derbyshire for a Capital Works Supervisor on a permanent basis.
The aim of the Capital Works Supervisor is to supervise the capital works programmes undertaken by external contractors. This will include adherence to delivery programmes, compliance with specifications, statutory regulations, Health and Safety management, quality, contract performance and the provision of excellent customer service.
Duties of the Capital Works Supervisor role will include, but is not limited to:
- Providing site specific information on hazards and risks to assist the principle contractor to formulate the construction phase plan
- Assisting with the contract management of all allocated works to ensure compliance with the scope of work, original inspection, all associated specifications and all appropriate legislation
- Carrying out post inspections to all properties within the work programme, to ensure all works have been completed to the expected standard and quality
- Keeping under review the quality standard and specifications for works in consultation with the contracts manager, contractors, Neighbourhood Services Officers and customers
- Providing weekly progress reports on the management of all contractor works to the contract manager
- Carrying out Health and Safety inspections to ensure safe systems of work are complied with, and the construction phase plan is maintained and adhered to
- Liaising with contractors to ensure risk assessments and other appropriate processes are in place and complied with
- Leading on any planning or building regulation requirements relating to planned works
The Capital Works Supervisor will have:
- Knowledge of the building maintenance industry including relevant experience in the inspection of domestic property and the remedy of maintenance problems. At least 3 years directly related experience of working in domestic building maintenance.
- At least 3 years' experience directly related to contract supervision within the construction and building maintenance industry
- Must be conversant with relevant current legislation and statutory requirement relating to building and inspection works.
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of operating a business in a competitive environment and within a public sector context
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Capital Works Supervisor role, please apply now, or contact Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership for further information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.