Up to £113 per annum + + flexible working arrangements
8 months ago
Casework Supervisor (Lead Lawyer) - Regulatory Body
£113k per annum
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Casework Supervisor to join an independent regulatory organisation. The Casework Supervisor plays a key supervisory role alongside Executive and Deputy Executive Counsel in ensuring that the casework of the Enforcement Division is of the highest standard. This is a key role in supporting and promoting the success of the Division as a whole and representing the Division externally. The successful candidate will be a solicitor or barrister with substantial experience of contentious regulation and/or white-collar crime or commercial litigation able to make a significant contribution to the oversight and management of the Division's casework, and case related strategic decision making, risk management, policy issues and legal work.
The role includes:
- Overseeing, supporting and constructively challenging case teams on the conduct, and management of their cases, achieving targets and deadlines and delivering timely, high quality Enforcement outcomes
- Framing case strategy and driving complex investigations forward
- Supervising, developing and working with more junior members of the team
- Collating, analysing and preparing evidence and developing case theory
- Instructing and working closely with counsel, independent experts and external solicitors;
- Leading preparation for Tribunal hearings
- Providing high quality advice and analysis on legal and policy aspects of cases and of Enforcement Division work in general; and
- Overseeing case expenditure and taking responsibility for often very substantial case budgets.
The Ideal Candidate for this Casework Supervisor Role will have:
- 15 years + post qualified experience
- Excellent legal and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience of drafting complex legal materials of the highest quality
- A strong intellect and good judgement
- Extensive expertise in public and regulatory law and complex contentious proceedings
- Experience in driving forward a portfolio of complex cases with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable experience of robust project planning with effective trial management skills
- Experience in providing constructive support and challenge to senior professionals as well as skilled in team management, supervision, and development, to achieve results
- Determination and self-motivation to pursue matters and make fair and robust legal decisions under pressure and to deadlines; and
- Experience of change management and the ability to adapt in the face of a changing regulatory and procedural landscape.
- Previous experience working with, or acting for, a prosecuting authority, regulator or disciplinary body would be an advantage.
- £113k p/a
- 30 days annual leave plus
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%
- Flexible working arrangements
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.