South Yorkshire, England
£37000 - £41800 per annum + 30 days holiday, pension, parking
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting a Public Sector organisation in South Yorkshire, who are currently seeking a Category Manager following on from some recent internal changes. This is a crucial role in the organisation, and gives the successful applicant the chance to work for a reputable, successful and growing that make a huge difference across the Public Sector.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Developing tender documentation, and then co-ordinating the tender process and contract negotiations
- Create strategies for the development of the category, and manage/develop and assist with the implementation of a range of products and services
- Co-ordinate contract management and promote the use of contracts throughout the business (SLA's/KPI's, etc)
- Ensure that the organisation's contract register is maintained and kept updated
- Conduct spend and market analysis
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and customers, proactively developing these relationships to maximise performance across the organisations frameworks and contracts
- Ensure compliance with the overall procurement strategy, financial regulations, and UK/EU law
The successful Category Manager will:
- Have previous Public Sector procurement experience
- Be qualified to CIPS/MCIPS
- Have substantial knowledge and experience of procurement policy and practice, including relevant legislations (OJEU, PCR2015, etc)
- Have proven experience in managing a competitive tendering process
- Have experience in development and implementation of plans
- Have an awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract and relationship management
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Salary of £37,849 + a market supplement of £3903
- Flexible working opportunities
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Access to a contributory pension scheme
- Continued professional training and development
- Free parking
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Public Sector procurement professional looking to continue with their career and join an excellent organisation. You will be joining at a crucial time and play a key role in their continued growth and success.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.