North East England, England
£30000 - £32000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working with a well-established housing organisation in the recruitment of a Category Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
The Category Manager will support the Procurement Manager in the effective management of the contracts of the organisation. They will be responsible for the management of the whole life cycle of contracts from procurement to contract management and review ensuring that the organisation is obtaining value for money in all contracts in addition to compliance with relevant Public Contracts Regulations (PCR2015).
The post holder will liaise closely with relevant Service Leads within their specific category and will be responsible for ensuring that advice and guidance is provided. The post holder will provide support to the Senior Category Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior and Executive Managers across the organization to ensure smooth operation of the procurement and contract management function.
- To analyse current contractual provisions of goods and services and make recommendations to consolidate and/or complete procurements of non-compliant contracts
- To be open to and advise of new ideas and processes which may not have previously been used and have a positive role in developing relationships between procurement and other areas of the business
- To manage the whole contract lifecycle through the in-tend e-tendering portal
- To actively monitor supplier spend throughout the life of the contract to highlight any issues with contract values and liaise with the financial management team to ensure that any issues are discussed accordingly relating to budget provisions with the relevant stakeholders
- To provide general advice and guidance to the stakeholders within the category area relating to procurement and contract management processes and procedures.
- To professionally challenge specifications based on previous knowledge of the contract to ensure that the new provision is fit for purpose.
- Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy
- Qualified or willing to work towards level 5 or above in Procurement or business related qualification
- Knowledge of PCR2015 regulations and how they impact on the organisation
- Experience of administering contracts
- Experience of effectively maintaining working relations both external and internal
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including EU procurement regulations, the Social Value Act and Data transparency
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Office Systems
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website