Manchester, Greater Manchester
£250 - £350 per day
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to support with the recruitment of a 12 month interim Category Manager to specifically focus will be on professional services appointments in support of capital projects and sub-OJEU works requirements, ensuring strategic objectives of value for money and outcomes are met. You will be responsible for taking instruction to lead on supplier and contract management activities across the category, providing commercial challenge, instigating and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
Day to day duties of the Category Manager role will include:
- Conduct all procurement activities in a commercial manner and manage commercial risj effectively
- Identify the most cost effective and compliant route to market to make timely appointments and contract awards to support project deliverables, in line with the category strategy, inputting into business case, award and savings reports, managing the prioritization of spend activity and identify areas of cost savings
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure the sourcing strategy is aligned and meets the needs of the project and Directorate(s) Strategy.
- Ensure savings targets and KPI's with suppliers are achieved following the category strategies. To show initiative and proactive leadership pre-and post-contract award to this end.
- Understand and be familiar with all aspects of the Councils procurement methodology and Public Contracts Regulations. To ensure that all procurement and contract management is undertaken in accordance with Council's Contract Procedure Rules and relevant legislative requirements.
- To update strategic analysis of markets and supplier trends to ensure procurement is based on 'intelligence'. To review this performance data relating to key suppliers and the team's effectiveness and efficiency to determine corrective actions where necessary and to exploit opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Specific construction category management exposure, coupled with Public Sector and OJEU knowledge
- Experience of managing expenditure within a construction category
- Experience in the preparation, analysis, interpretation and reporting of procurement management information
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Category Management role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.