West Midlands, England
£200 - £300 per day
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to recruit an interim Category Manager for an NHS organisation in the West Midlands. This role will sit within the non-medical contracts team, and will largely be responsible for contract management and savings achievement for IT licences and support, equipment maintenance (both medical and non-medical equipment), legal services, finance, and other non-medical goods and services. The contract is expected to last for 12 months.
Key responsibilities for the Category Manager:
- To manage purchasing activities including competitive quotation and tendering exercises
- To develop specialist knowledge of suppliers and products for designated categories
- To develop strategies for individual categories
- To develop specifications prior to invitation of quotations and tenders
- To identify and evaluate potential sources of supply
- To prepare invitation to quotation and tender documents
- To conduct competitive quotation and tender exercises
- To prepare summaries of quotations and tenders
Person Specification for the Category Manager:
- NHS experience is desirable but not essential
- Expert knowledge of EU procurement
- Experience of managing complex projects
This role will be a mix of home working and office based and is paying between £150 - £300 per day.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.