Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for a Category Manager role, specifically working within the Laboratory category, reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. The purpose of the role is to manage the Laboratory category, whilst proactively leading on collaborative tendering and contract management opportunities for a wide variety of stakeholders.
The primary focus of the role is to own, create, implement and manage Laboratory category spend and contracting plans for key areas of members non-pay expenditure helping to maximise value for money.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Manage the implementation of collaborative contracts for client institutions, either at a framework level or via aggregated competition
- Lead allocated tenders and jointly lead tenders
- Contract management of all contracts in scope of their category portfolio and wider where necessary
- Develop and manage Category sourcing solutions for clients
- Collating, analysing and disseminating effective management information
Required skills and experience of the Category Manager:
- Understand fully the benefits and issues of collaborative approaches
- Able to fully implement contract management strategies and techniques on a project by project basis
- Has good experience of successfully conducting a range of negotiations across a variety of categories
- Has experience of specifically working within the Laboratory category
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced competitive culture with unrivalled opportunities, including study support you help you progress further within finance. Our client also offers excellent pension, healthcare and work loan schemes as well as an annual bonus.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.