£32000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a large public sector organisation in the North East to recruit a Category Manager to support the Senior Category Manager in the effective management of the businesses contracts.
The Category Manager will manage the whole life cycle of contracts from procurement to contract management and review ensuring that the organisation is obtaining value for money in all contracts in addition to compliance with relevant Public Contracts Regulations.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Liaise closely with relevant Service Leads within their specific category and will be responsible for ensuring that advice and guidance is provided
- Provide support to the Senior Category Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior and Executive Managers across the organization to ensure smooth operation of the procurement and contract management function
- Analyse current contractual provisions of goods and services and make recommendations to consolidate and/or complete procurements of non-compliant contracts
- Be open to and advise of new ideas and processes which may not have previously been used and have a positive role in developing relationships between procurement and other areas of the business
- Need to develop and complete full business case for completing procurement exercises, including risk assessment, stakeholder mapping and establishing business requirements at the initiation stage
- Be aware of procurement processes and procedures to ensure that relevant regulations and legislation is adhered to
- Work with relevant service leads and stakeholders to provide support in specification development, contract management processes including annual performance reviews and contract variations
- Managed the whole contract lifecycle through the in-tend e-tendering portal
- Actively monitor supplier spend throughout the life of the contract to highlight any issues with contract values and liaise with the financial management team to ensure that any issues are discussed accordingly relating to budget provisions with the relevant stakeholders
- Provided general advice and guidance to the stakeholders within the category area relating to procurement and contract management processes and procedures
- Qualified to or willing to work towards Level 5 or above in a procurement or business related qualification
- Knowledge of PCR2015 regulations and how they impact on the organisation
- Experience of administering contracts
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the law relating to contracting
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including EU procurement regulations, the Social Value Act and Data transparency
- Experience of category management, dealing with contracts and contractors and working with internal and external audit
- Experience of preparing formal reports and business cases
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 3rd May.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.