East Midlands, England
£50000 - £60000 per annum
A Public Sector organisation in the East Midlands are seeking an interim Category Manager for an initial period of 9/12 months to cover Maternity Leave. This is a crucial role in the organisation, and gives the successful applicant the chance to work for a reputable and growing Public Sector organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories
- Demonstrate best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies
- Monitor, develop and manage contracts
- Manage multiple procurement events simultaneously
- Research markets prior to tender, conduct/evaluate multiple tenders, and then monitoring contract delivery and advising on any revisions, extensions or terminations
- Excellent supplier relationship management. Being able to manage current suppliers, introducing new suppliers and building long term relationships to enable continuous improvement
- Supplier & spend analysis and performance reports
- Ensure compliance with the overall procurement strategy, financial regulations, and UK/EU law
- Management and development of Category Specialists
The successful Category Manager will:
- Have proven senior Public Sector procurement experience
- Be qualified to CIPS/MCIPS
- Have substantial knowledge and experience of procurement policy and practice, including relevant legislations (OJEU, etc)
- Have proven experience in managing a competitive tendering process
- Have experience in development and implementation of plans
- Have an awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract and relationship management
- Have excellent negotiation skills
This contract is a fantastic challenge for the right candidate and offers both competitive rates as well as longevity. You will be joining the organisation at a crucial time and play a key role in their continued growth and success.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.