South Yorkshire, England
£43000 - £47000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Category Manager to join a well-known forward thinking and successful Public Sector organisation in South Yorkshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an already successful team with a strong focus on delivery and continued success, making a real difference and add value during a crucial time in the organisation's future growth plans.
This opportunity is initially fixed term for a period of 6 months leading into a permanent role.
Key Responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- End-to-end running and management of a number of procurement events
- OJEU compliant tender processes
- Category Management across a small number of generalist categories
- Supplier and stake holder engagement/management
- Contract management and monitoring of performance, providing advice/making changes as and when required
- Awarding contracts to suitable suppliers
- Conducting spend and market analysis, identifying new opportunities for the organisation
- Saving cost and improving operational efficiency
- Driving procurement excellence
The successful Category Manager will:
- Have proven success within a fast-paced procurement/purchasing environment
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of OJEU/UK regulations
- Hold category and contract management experience
- Have experience in the development and drafting of purchasing contracts and contract related information
This is an excellent opportunity to add real value to an already successful team for a long term assignment. You will be joining an organisation with a real focus on their people and the services they provide, and working for a highly successful team who are continuously striving for better.
For further information or for a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.