Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £31000 per annum
5 months ago
Category Manager - Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a one of the largest housing organisations in the North East to recruit a Category Manager to support the Procurement Manager in the effective management of the businesses contracts.
The Category Manager will manage the whole life cycle of contracts from procurement to contract management and review ensuring that the organisation is obtaining value for money in all contracts in addition to compliance with relevant Public Contracts Regulations.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Liaise closely with relevant Service Leads within their specific category and will be responsible for ensuring that advice and guidance is provided
- Provide support to the Senior Category Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior and Executive Managers across the organization to ensure smooth operation of the procurement and contract management function
- Analyse current contractual provisions of goods and services and make recommendations to consolidate and/or complete procurements of non-compliant contracts
- Be open to and advise of new ideas and processes which may not have previously been used and have a positive role in developing relationships between procurement and other areas of the business
- Need to develop and complete full business case for completing procurement exercises, including risk assessment, stakeholder mapping and establishing business requirements at the initiation stage
- Be aware of procurement processes and procedures to ensure that relevant regulations and legislation is adhered to
- Work with relevant service leads and stakeholders to provide support in specification development, contract management processes including annual performance reviews and contract variations
- Managed the whole contract lifecycle through the in-tend e-tendering portal
- Actively monitor supplier spend throughout the life of the contract to highlight any issues with contract values and liaise with the financial management team to ensure that any issues are discussed accordingly relating to budget provisions with the relevant stakeholders
- Provided general advice and guidance to the stakeholders within the category area relating to procurement and contract management processes and procedures
- Qualified to or willing to work towards Level 5 or above in a procurement or business related qualification
- Knowledge of PCR2015 regulations and how they impact on the organisation
- Experience of administering contracts
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the law relating to contracting
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including EU procurement regulations, the Social Value Act and Data transparency
- Experience of category management, dealing with contracts and contractors and working with internal and external audit
- Experience of preparing formal reports and business cases
If this position is of interest please apply, or contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.