Peterlee, County Durham
£30000 - £32000 per annum
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Category Manager to join a large public sector organisation based in their Peterlee office. This is a 12 month contract to cover maternity, which can be worked on a timesheet basis or directly for the organisation.
The Category Manager will support the Procurement Manager in the effective management of the contracts of the organisation and will be responsible for the management of the whole life cycle of contracts from procurement to contract management and review. The role will also require knowledge of Public Contracts regulations to ensure all compliance is relevant.
Responsibilities of the Category Manager include:
- To analyse current contractual provisions of goods and services and make recommendations to consolidate and/or complete procurements of non-compliant contracts
- To be open to and advise of new ideas and processes which may not have previously been used and have a positive role in developing relationships between procurement and other areas of the business
- To develop and complete a full business case for completing procurement exercises, including risk assessment, stakeholder mapping and establishing business requirements at the initiation stage
- To have an awareness of procurement processes and procedures to ensure that relevant regulations and legislation is adhered to, for example, Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR2015)
- To work effectively with relevant service leads and stakeholders to provide support in specification development, contract management processes including annual performance reviews and contract variations
- To manage the whole contract lifecycle through the in-tend e-tendering portal
- To actively monitor supplier spend throughout the life of the contract to highlight any issues with contract values and liaise with the financial management team to ensure that any issues are discussed accordingly relating to budget provisions with the relevant stakeholders
- To provide general advice and guidance to the stakeholders within the category area relating to procurement and contract management processes and procedures.
- To professionally challenge specifications based on previous knowledge of the contract to ensure that the new provision is fit for purpose.
- To ensure compliance with relevant Public Contract Regulations (PCR2015) and the organisation's internal Financial Regulations.
- Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy
- Comply with Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times
- Qualified to or willing to work towards Level 5 or above in a procurement or business related qualification
- Knowledge of PCR2015 regulations and how they impact on the organisation
- Experience of administering contracts
- Experience of effectively maintaining working relations both internal and external to the organisation
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the law relating to contracting
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including EU procurement regulations, the Social Value and Data transparency
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.