£300 - £350 per day
10 months ago
Category Manager - Social Care
My client are seeking an interim Category Manager for an initial period of 3/6 months (with possibility of extension). This is a crucial role in the organisations Procurement team, and gives the successful applicant the chance to work for a reputable, successful and growing Public Sector organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Lead on the development of category plans and support the development of commissioning plans and strategies
- Plan, lead and advise on tendering for commissioning projects for Social Care services
- Provide supplier spend analysis
- Analyse contract performance data and review lessons learnt from existing contracts to improve
- Support the development of robust business cases and options
- Ensure compliance with the overall procurement strategy, financial regulations, and UK/EU law
- Manage the tender and negotiation exercise in line with registration and SFI's for each client
- Effective contract management and provide high level contractual advice
- Provide general guidance for sourcing activity and getting the best value for money
- Effective mobilisation of contracts
- Excellent supplier relationship management. Being able to manage current suppliers, introducing new suppliers and building long term relationships to enable continuous improvement
- Liaising with key stakeholders
The successful Category Manager will:
- Have proven senior Public Sector Care procurement experience (Adult/Children etc)
- Have proven experience in leading high-value, complex sourcing activities through all stages of the procurement cycle
- Have proven experience in being able to successfully manage and deliver a number of projects
- Have an awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract and relationship management
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Have a thorough knowledge of procurement contract laws/regulations (including EU)
This contract is a fantastic challenge for the right candidate and offers both competitive rates as well as longevity.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.