£211 - £212 per day + + Holidays
5 months ago
3 months +
Central Government Criminal Litigation Lawyers x 4
£210 per day + holiday pay
Minimum 4 month contract - Full-time
A Central Government team requires SC Cleared Criminal Lawyers with 5 years + post qualified experience. The ideal candidate will have criminal litigation experience preferably working for the crown prosecution service. The role is currently available on a remote basis but flexible working patterns will also be available in the future.
The successful solicitor or barrister will be working within a supportive and friendly team and can expect to take on a busy caseload. As a Litigation Lawyer you will be expected to work independently and manage your own caseload subject to supervision. The client requires a solicitor/ barrister with effective case working skills in order to meet deadlines; this includes great communication, drafting and planning. A successful litigation lawyer will be working effectively with clients and colleagues alike and display a positive, open and helpful attitude in the conduct of their work.
Key Responsibilities of a Litigation Lawyer
- Responsibility for a personal caseload subject to supervision
- Effectively communicating with colleagues and clients
- Identify and action urgent or high profile/politically sensitive cases effectively and promptly
- Ensuring compliance with systems to manage risk, data protection and participating in contingency planning.
Required skills and experience of the Litigation Lawyer
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- Either a 2:1/2:2 degree in law or a 2.1 degree in a subject other than law and a Graduate Diploma in Law. Where an applicant holds an overseas degree qualification this should be equivalent to a 2.1 degree
- Completed the LPC or BPTC
- Criminal litigation experience
- 5 yeas PQE
- SC clearance
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.