City of London, London
£116 - £143 per day + Flexible Working Arrangements
about 2 months ago
3 months +
Central Government Paralegal
Locum Contract - Full time
£116-£143 per day
A Central Government Paralegal is required to join a unique, Central Government team to provide high quality and cost effective Paralegal services. My client is looking for an enthusiastic Paralegal to join their Government team on an initial 3 month contract with the potential for extensions.
As a Government Paralegal, you will be tasked with working on the Government's constitutional reform agenda.
Key Responsibilities of a Central Government Paralegal
- Work with a range of Lawyers and Analysts in behalf of Government reform.
- Contribute to the development of policy on Human Rights reform.
- Delivery of legislation.
- Understanding, analysing and providing advice on complex problems
- Applying research techniques to policy issues
- Preparing briefing papers or similar focused publications
- Providing support in implementing the priorities of the current government
Required Skills and experience of the Central Government Paralegal
- The capability to work in a high-priority and fast moving environment
- Practical or Academic experience in Public Law in England and Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland is essential
- Knowledge of the functioning of the Human Rights Act 1998 and/or the European Convention on Human Rights is desirable.
- Higher Executive Officer or Senior Executive Officer experience is desirable
What is on offer for the Central Government Paralegal?
- £30,000 - £37,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 3 month contract as a Central Government Paralegal.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Central Government Paralegal role, please apply now, or contact Lauren Stott at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.