£300 - £350 per day + DOE
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chief Accountant to join a leading public sector organisation in Liverpool on an initial six month contract.
Being a market leader in their field, this is a great opportunity for a Chief Accountant to gain experience in a well-established organisation and as Chief Accountant your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Producing monthly Finance Report for SLT and inputting into monthly dashboards
- Leading on Annual Statutory Financial Statements
- Liaising with internal and external auditors
- Updating Business Partners and the Head of Finance with any emerging issues arising from monthly reporting
- Advisory support for Finance Business Partners
- Deputising for the Head of Finance in their absence
- Supporting the Head of Finance and Finance Business Partners during annual business planning and budget setting
- Assisting with ongoing monthly forecasting
- Monitoring financial risks, audit actions and cash flow
The successful Chief Accountant applicant will have the following skill set:
- Previous experience of delivering a Chief Accountant or Financial Controller position
- Effectively challenging and influencing at senior manager/Director level
- Experience of engaging teams in financial information through providing training and awareness
- Strong leadership and management development experience
- Qualified Accountant (CIPFA, CIMA , ACCA, ACA) or equivalent
- A background in Public Sector finance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Chief Accountant to join one of Liverpool's most desirable places to work and to add a nationwide brand to your CV.
If this role is of interest please apply now.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants we receive we will only respond to candidates with the relevant experience.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.