Chief Contracts Lawyer
0161 834 1642
Are you ready to take on a new challenge within a Local Authority, leading the Contracts and Procurement team?
As a Chief Contracts Lawyer, you will have a minimum of four years experience within the area of Contracts and experience undertaking complex legal work.
The successful candidate will be required to provide high level support, advice and assistance to the Assistant Director and lead members on contracts and procurement matters.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To undertake a substantial personal caseload of the most complex contract and commercial work including the provision of legal advice and drafting of complex documentation
- To draft, negotiate and agree documentation for all types of contract and commercial transactions and as required, legal documentation for other transactions
- To assist as necessary with major development projects and to attend project meetings as required
- To be responsible for the management and development of staff within the Contracts Team and to ensure that the work of the team is carried out to the highest standard
- To investigate and advise on contract claims by or against the Council including those arising out of building contracts
- To attend relevant committees, sub committees and other meetings to provide legal advice as required as the Director of Law and Governance' representative
This is a long term role and will be completely remote for the foreseeable. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced legal professional, who is able to demonstrate a thorough knowlege of contract and procurement practises and processes; as well as the ability to lead and manage staff within the Contracts team.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please send your CV to email@example.com in our Manchester office to be considered for the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website