Greater Manchester, England
£90000 - £110000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged on an exclusive arrangement to recruit to recruit a Chief Finance Officer to join a well-established client, based within Greater Manchester. The organisation has impressive growth plans, they require a Chief Finance Officer to play an integral role in influencing and delivering the desired strategic growth plans. It is desirable for the secured candidate to come from an education background.
Reporting into the CEO and being part of the Senior Executive team, you will be expected to develop and implement the strategic plan, driving change and innovation across the organisation. As Chief Finance Officer you will have primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the organisation. This will include planning, budgeting, forecasting and leading on the statutory accounts process, providing relevant reports to Trustees and to additional relevant statutory bodies.
As Chief Finance Officer, you will be joining an extremely ambitious organisation. The client is looking for an outstanding individual to join their executive leadership team. A highly skilled professional is required to maintain the solid foundations and financial health upon which the organisation has grown, whilst spearheading the continued growth and development of the organisation.
Overall purpose of the role:
- As a member of the Trust's Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) will have strategic responsibility for all aspects of finance, asset management, risk management and capital planning and procurement.
- Delivering operational rigour and strategic direction, the CFO will play an integral role in supporting the growth and development of the organisation and ensure it continues to be financially sustainable.
- The CFO will lead strategically, and operationally to provide excellent financial leadership and guidance as the organisation develops
Key outcomes of the role:
- To provide strategic guidance, leadership and management of all finances within the scheme of delegation, advising the CEO, Trustees and executive and senior leaders on all financial matters
- To be responsible and accountable for the delivery of financial support services throughout the organisation, including the management of the accounting system and internal controls.
- To be the primary point of contact for all aspects of funding and financial/statutory returns.
- To be responsible for the statutory accounts, financial returns and reports to Trustees and other statutory bodies in accordance with guidance and externally determined deadlines.
- To lead the promotion and delivery of sound financial management throughout the organisation.
- The CFO will ensure sound and appropriate financial governance and risk management arrangements are in place, prepare and monitor budgets and ensure the delivery of annual accounts in accordance with all statutory requirements.
- To provide strategic advice and support the CEO in accordance to all financial aspects
- To prepare the annual financial forecasts, medium and long-term plans
- To develop and implement strategies for maximising the Trust's current finances
- To be the financial lead in the strategic planning process, deliver annual accounts and medium-term budget plans periodically
- Continually review and improve the existing financial systems and policies ensuring that they are streamlined, efficient, robust and compliant to support current and future impressive growth plans
- To lead on the Trust's approach to Audit and Risk Management
- Lead on the statutory accounts process
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a role which would be fully integrated into the Executive Leadership team, providing key support to the CEO, working within a well-established organisation that has impressive growth plans in place
The client currently has a strong foundation on which to build, consolidating the important structures necessary for growth, development, innovation and sustained improvement.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA or CIPFA) who has experience within a similar role.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a good understanding of strategic and operational activities and will have a proven track record of influencing and working with stakeholders to deliver objectives. You will have sound judgment, tact, credibility, diplomacy and the ability to influence without dictating and challenge where necessary at all levels.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this Chief Finance Officer post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.