South Yorkshire, England
£85000 - £90000 per annum + Local Government Pension Scheme
12 months ago
My client are seeking a Chief Finance Officer on a Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2020. This role is to support them during a vital period of change, and is crucial role to their current and future challenges.
Key responsibilities of the Chief Finance Officer:
- Leading on all aspects of strategic finance
- Develop, implement and deliver financial strategies for the organisation
- Help to lead and deliver the budget setting process
- Lead both the short and medium-term financial planning processes
- Lead on financial planning for both revenue and capital budgets
- Hold responsibility for managing the organisations audit arrangements, both internal and external
- Assist with the design and development of a finance and accounting system, which will be implemented during 2019/20
- Budget setting and monitoring
The successful Chief Finance Officer will:
- Be a fully CCAB qualified Accountant
- Have experience of working in a Public Sector environment, ideally within Local Government
- Have significant experience of successful financial management, including evidence of formulating budgets, resolving conflict and the application of monitoring and control procedures
- Have extensive experience in working with difficult stakeholders and within a complex organisation
This really is an excellent opportunity for a confident candidate to make a real mark on both the role and organisation. It will add true value to any CV and comes with a highly competitive salary, as well as access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERVIEWS WILL BE TAKING PLACE TOWARDS THE END OF W/C 1ST JULY 2019*
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.