£59325 - £62556 per annum
6 months ago
The London Borough of Redbridge are currently being exclusively assisted by the Sellick Partnership in their search for a Chief Legal Officer to join them on a permanent contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career!
The Chief Legal Officer will:
- Be responsible for 4 Principal Lawyers, 8 Lawyers, 2 Land Charge Officers, 3 Senior Legal Assistants and 1 Legal Assistant
- Ensure provision of expert legal advice to the council, its members and officers
- Plan, organise and direct at a strategic level
- Have overall responsibility for Employment, Property, Planning, Contracts, Education and Children & Families
- Represent and act on behalf of Redbridge Council at meetings of key national and local government bodies
- Act as Deputy Monitoring Officer
The Chief Legal Officer will receive all of the accompanying benefits of a permanent post, including paid holidays and sick leave, the Local Government Pension Scheme, job security and flexible working patterns.
In terms of experience, the Chief Legal Officer will be a qualified solicitor or equivalent, and will have sound knowledge of property, regeneration and contracts law, they will also have leadership experience and be an effective communicator.
For this role local authority experience is preferable.
If interested in finding out more and to discuss your suitability, please get in touch with Mila Casaus in our Manchester Office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.