8 months ago
Clerk of Works
£34,728 - £37,890 pro rata for hours worked
Our team at Sellick Partnership are actively seeking a Clerk of Works for our client based in Stevenage. You will act as the clients' representative on site making sure that building work is carried out to the client's standards, specifications and schedules. Ensuring that the correct materials and workmanship are used and that the client is given the required quality of work and value for money.
Key responsibilities of the Clerk of Works:
- Make visual inspections of the sites and work taking place and provide support to both the Service Provider and Project Manager
- Take measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials being used meet the specifications and quality standards
- Act as first point of contact in resolving complaints received from residents, their representatives and members of the public
- Sign off partially and fully completed works, as part of the certification process to make payments to the Service Provider
- Attend any meetings where required to provide information and present their reports
Required skills and experience of the Clerk of Works:
- Working in a local authority, housing association or large private sector landlord while delivering services of a similar nature
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- BTEC Higher National qualification or Degree in Building Construction of Engineering
- Knowledge of Building and Planning Regulations
- Level 2 SVQ/NVQ Diploma in Site Inspection or relevant experience.
Immediate start available
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.