West Midlands, England
£100 - £200 per day
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to appoint a Clinical Coder for a Private Hospital in the West Midlands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Coder to work with clinical coders across the hospital. This position requires an individual who consistently exhibits a positive attitude and is willing to work as a proactive team member within the clinical coding function.
The role of the Clinical Coder involves:
- Assist the existing clinical coders to code all primary and secondary diagnoses, procedures and all operations for NHS & private episodes of care
- Input codes using the systems available
- Play an active part within the hospital teams influencing and persuading operational practices to achieve the overall aim of improving quality of clinical information
- Work within and maintain up to date knowledge of all coding standards
- Take responsibility for completing own workload
- To provide specialist coding advice to clinicians and information staff on request
- To manage and maintain the effectiveness of, and to identify possible improvements in, the Clinical Coding procedures and protocols
The successful candidate will have:
- NHS experience
- Clinical coding experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Flexibility and adaptability
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Adam Rouse on 01332 542 580.Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.