Darlington, County Durham
£28000 - £34000 per annum
2 months ago
Are you a commercially focussed and enthusiastic self-starter who is looking for autonomy and the chance to work for an ambitious and rapidly growing organisation?
Sellick Partnership have been engaged in the recruitment of a Commercial Analyst to join a growing organisation based in Darlington, who provide a five star service to blue-chip clients across the UK. This is an excellent role, new to the structure as a result of significant company growth.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be working with the finance team and alongside the business development team and also given the autonomy to take responsibility of your own workload.
The Commercial Analyst will create, manage and submit bid models and pricing schedules for new contract tenders, and ultimately play a key role in helping the organisation achieve their ambitious growth plans over the next few years.
- Own the commercial and pricing aspects of our tender bids, including analysing requests for proposals and creating cost models for submission
- Continuously improve our bidding process and capability from a commercial and pricing point of view, including creating and managing quote database to enable benchmarking
- Provide pricing and estimates for variations to existing contracts, as required by the operational team
- Work closely with our Finance team on key projects and tasks, such as updating contract budgets and forecasts, and creating and posting journals as part of month-end close
- Assist with key finance tasks, including annual budgeting, reforecasting and month-end close
- Be a part-qualified or finalist accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), or fully qualified AAT
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a financial analyst or equivalent role, ideally with experience in sales forecasting, financial modelling, or KPI analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work in a highly analytical environment and to make decisions based on quantifiable data
- Possess excellent analytical and organisational skills, with the ability to research and analyse data from multiple sources
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be proficient in MS Office, particularly MS Excel (including vlookups, pivot tables and sumifs)
Hours: 40 hours per week Salary: £30 - 34k per annum, dependant on experience Benefits include: 25 days annual holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, further study support, eye care vouchers, employee reward scheme, agile working environment, fruit & refreshments provided
If this position is of interest please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role